So I am a little biased. But, the 1985 Chicago Bears were one of the most dominant teams in Football History; right up there with the early 60’s Packers. Mike Ditka was the Chicago Bears Coach. Arguably one of the top tight ends and well deserving of his Hall of Fame Status. He was recently interviewed by the Investors Business Daily and he summed up nicely his thoughts on his success.
1) Lesson #1 is to always give it 100%.
2) Never quit at anything that you believe in.
3) You don’t get anything for nothing!
4) You work for everything you get.
5) “You have something in you that says, “Hey, what are you satisfied with being? Are you satisfied with being mediocre, run-of-the-mill, average? Then that’s what you will be.
You’ll get what you tolerate in life. If you tolerate mediocrity, then that’s what you will get. If you say, I’m not going to tolerate anything but working hard as I can and
being as successful as I can, then you’ve got a chance to get it.”